Waffles prepared from all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, flax seed, white sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, sea salt, buttermilk, unsalted butter eggs, and bananas.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup ground Flax Seed
- 2 tablespoons White Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1-1/2 cups Low Fat Buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large ripe Banana, mashed
- Cooking Spray
1. Preheat waffle maker. Coat iron with cooking spray unless otherwise specified by.
2. Add all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, flax seed, white granulated sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and sea salt to medium bowl. Stir with spoon or whisk to combine.
3. Add low-fat buttermilk, melted unsalted butter and lightly beaten eggs to medium bowl. Stir with whisk to combine.
4. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and gently mix with rubber spatula. Fold in mashed banana.
5. Follow manufacturer’s instructions or spoon about 1/3 cup batter per 4-inch waffle onto hot waffle iron, spreading the batter to the waffle maker’s edges.
6. If waffle maker does not have indicator light or sound when waffles have completed cooking, cook waffles 3 to 4 minutes, or until steaming stops.
7. Repeat procedure with remaining batter.