Waffles prepared from rolled oats, milk, banana, whole wheat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, maple syrup and pecans.
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats, uncooked
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 ripe Banana, mashed
- 1-1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Vanilla Extract, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped (optional)
1. Add oats and milk to medium bowl. Place in refrigerator and soak the rolled oats overnight.
2. Mix together mashed banana and rolled oats mixture.
3. Gently stir in whole wheat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, syrup and chopped pecans, leaving some lumps in the batter.
4. Preheat waffle iron and prepare waffles according the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Top hot waffles with fresh fruit and warm syrup.