Homemade banana waffles topped with a hot maple syrup and pecan mixture. Great breakfast waffles.
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Pecans (toasted lightly and chopped course)
- 2 teaspoons orange juice or fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Ripe Medium Banana
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted and cooled)
- Vegetable Oil for brushing waffle iron
1. Preheat oven to 200F.
2. Bring maple syrup and pecans to a boil and stir in juice in a small saucepan.
3. Remove the syrup from heat and keep warm and covered.
4. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
5. Quarter the banana in a blender and puree with the water.
6. Transfer the puree to another bowl and whisk in eggs and melted butter.
7. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined well.
8. Heat a well-seasoned or non-stick waffle iron until hot and brush lightly with oil.
9. Pour half of batter into iron and cook the waffle according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
10. Transfer the waffle to a baking sheet and keep warm it uncovered in the oven.
11. Make another waffle with the remaining batter in same manner.
12. Serve the waffles with the maple syrup.