Waffles prepared from all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, coarse salt, whole milk, eggs, unsalted butter, breakfast sausage, baking potatoes, and apple. Waffles are served with warm syrup and apple pieces.
- 1-1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3 Large Eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 6 ounces cooked Breakfast Sausage, crumbled
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped, cooked Baking Potatoes
- 1/2 cup peeled, grated Apple
- Syrup, for topping
- Chopped Apples, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 220 F.
2. Preheat a waffle maker.
3. Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, coarse salt, to medium bowl. Stir to combine.
4. In separate medium bowl, whisk together the whole milk, eggs yolks, and unsalted butter.
5. In separate medium bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form using an electric mixer on high speed.
6. Pour the egg yolk mixture into the flour, stirring gently with a few strokes to form a lumpy batter.
7. Stir in the cooked breakfast sausage, cooked, cubed potatoes, and grated apple.
8. Using a spatula, gently and thoroughly fold the egg whites into the batter.
9. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and add batter to the preheated waffle maker.
10. Close the lid and bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the waffles are golden brown.
11. Transfer waffles when completed in waffle maker to a baking sheet in the preheated oven, placing them in a single layer.
12. Repeat process.
13. Transfer the waffles to serving plates and serve with warm syrup and small apple pieces.