Waffle batter prepared from eggs, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, granulated sugar, sour cream, whole milk, chocolate syrup, vegetable oil, and unsalted butter. Freshly baked chocolate waffles are topped with sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
- 3 Large Eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
1. Preheat waffle maker.
2. Beat egg whites with electric hand mixer or whisk until stiff. Set aside.
3. Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and granulated sugar to medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
4. Add egg yolks, sour cream, whole milk and chocolate syrup to small bowl. Stir to combine.
5. Add vegetable oil and unsalted butter to small bowl.
6. Stir sour cream mixture and butter mixture into flour mixture alternately. Mix until smooth.
7. Fold in egg whites with rubber spatula.
8. Pour 1/3 cup batter into waffle maker. Bake about 3 minutes or per manufacturer’s instructions.
9. Whip the whipping cream until stiff and fluffy but not dry.
10. Top hot waffles with sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream.