Waffle batter prepared from sweet potato puree, egg yolks, egg whites, whole milk, cake flour, baking powder, white sugar, salt, ground nutmeg, and pecans. Waffles are baked in waffle maker and topped with chopped pecans, butter and warm maple syrup.
- 1 cup canned Sweet Potato Puree
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1-1/2 cups Cake Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped Pecans
- 3 Egg Whites
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Pecans, chopped
1. Preheat waffle maker.
2. Add sweet potato puree, egg yolks, and whole milk to a medium bowl. Stir well to combine.
3. In separate large bowl, add cake flour, baking powder, white sugar, salt, ground nutmeg and 1/4 cup pecans.
4. Add sweet potato mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
5. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently fold egg whites 1/3 at a time into batter mixture.
7. Stir in melted butter into the batter.
8. Prepare waffles according to manufacturer’s instruction in a hot waffle maker.
9. Garnish with chopped pecans. Serve with softened butter and warm maple syrup.