Silken tofu waffles feature vanilla and almond extracts, and orange rind. Seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg, waffles are cooked golden brown. Serve hot with fresh fruit.
- 1/2 Pound Soft Silken Tofu
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Low-Fat Milk
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Orange Rind
- 1 and 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Egg Whites (beaten until stiff peaks form)
1. Mix together the tofu, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, almond extract, and orange rind in a large bowl.
2. Beat the mixture until smooth.
3. Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder in a separate large bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
5. Mix until just combined.
6. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
7. Bake according to waffle iron instructions.