Whole wheat waffle mixture features frozen blueberries and quick cooking oats. Top with your favorite syrup or ship cream. Great waffle for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries (thawed, drain excess liquid)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Reduced-Fat Milk
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Large Egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- With a generous coating of cooking spray heat the waffle iron to the preferred setting.
- Mix together the sifted flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir together the milk, vegetable oil and egg in a separate bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into dry ingredients until large lumps disappear.
- Do not over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Make the waffles according to your waffle irons instructions.
- Make them at approximately medium-high heat and it usually takes about 4 minutes until
- steam stops coming out of the machine and the waffles are golden brown.